Whether you have an outlet that has gone bad or you love to learn about new technology, there are various types of electrical outlets that might interest you. Since some of these are more involved than your usual outlet switch-out, it is a good idea to call for professional electrical installation for new outlets.
- Outlet with USB – Tired of searching for that cube to plug in your cell phone and other USB devices? Upgrade a few of your outlets for those with a built-in USB outlet. You can plug your items in directly and they still provide two regular outlets that can be used for other things.
- Recessed Outlet – There are some locations where even a flat-style plug is in the way or unsightly. A recessed outlet is set deeper into the wall.
- Outlet with LED Night Light – Have a hallway that is dark at night or other area where a bit of illumination would be helpful? Swap out a standard outlet for one where one of the outlets is replaced with a LED night light. These are usually rated for 20 years of life expectancy and use very little power.
- Tamper Resistant Outlet – These are also called tamper resistant receptacles, or TRR. They are a must for homes with small children as foreign objects cannot be inserted which could cause electrocution or burns. They are far more adult-friendly than putting covers over the outlets.
- GFCI – This type of outlet safeguards against potential electrical hazards and are required by most building codes to be used in wet areas, such as the kitchen, bathroom, and for outdoor outlets. This type of outlet monitors the power flow and shuts off if there is an interruption, such as a short or overpowering situation. A similar type is an AFCI outlet.
If you would like to know more about outlet options or need electrical installation for lighting, wiring, outlets, or other upgrades to your home, don’t hesitate to contact us at Lamm Electric. We’re here to meet all your electrical installation needs!