In today’s world, most businesses rely heavily on electricity. It is important that you catch electrical problems early on so that they don’t result in complex problems, leaving you without electricity for an extended period of time, or worse, a fire that could destroy your building and everything in it. Here are some signs that indicate you may need commercial electrical repair.
- Flickering lights – If you have multiple lights flickering, then chances are the problem is not with the lights themselves, but with your electrical system.
- Burning smell – When electrical issues cause burning, it usually starts within the walls where it may not be easy to see. It will, however, be easy to smell. If you smell burning, you should get the issue looked into immediately.
- Warm spots or appliances – Another way to stop an electrical fire early on is to be aware of warm spots or hot appliances. Wire insulation can wear with age, leaving the wire exposed. This warm wire can heat up the area around it creating warm spots on your walls. Hot appliances may be an indicator that there is too much electrical current running through them, and they should be unplugged immediately.
- Tripping circuit breakers – It is normal for a circuit breaker to trip, but only seldomly. If you’re dealing with tripping circuit breakers or blown fuses frequently, there is likely a problem requiring commercial electrical repair.
- Non-functioning outlets and switches – If there’s a specific area where outlets and light switches are not functioning, there is an electrical issue that needs to be addressed by a professional.
When you call us at Lamm Electric for commercial electrical repair, we will come quickly and do all that we can to get your business back in business. Give us a call today.